As you are by now aware, we will be switching to a new core software processor on March 31, 2017. We believe this new system will greatly enhance our ability to serve you better. However, as with any event involving computers, there will probably be a few minor glitches. Please know that any event that occurs that is not 100% correct CAN BE corrected. We will have extra personnel on hand the first week in April to assist you. If you see anything involving your account that you believe is in error, please contact us during normal business hours and we will correct the situation ASAP.
The following are some dates and times you will need to make note of:
Effective Thursday March 23, if you receive Electronic Invoices (example: GA Power ) you Will Not be able to setup any new payments after Thursday 2/23. The new Billpay system will be available on Monday, April 3rd to setup all of your Electronic Invoices.
- Thursday, March 30th:
- The current Billpay system will be unavailable at 4:00 PM.
- Mobile banking (picture deposits) will be unavailable after 3:00 pm and will resume on April 3, 2017.
- Debit Cards will have limited service after 4:00 PM on 3/30 until April 3, 2017. Please have alternate arrangements in place for the weekend (cash, credit cards, etc.)
- Friday, March 31st:
- The Credit Union office will CLOSE at 1:00 PM. We will reopen on April 3rd at our normal time.
- Monday, April 3rd:
- The CU will open at 7:30AM. At 12:00pm (noon), you will be able to self-enroll in our new Online Banking and Billpay system. All members will receive a paper statement for March. If you need any prior statements, please print them before March 30, 2017. The CU will also have them archived.
We have prepared brochures that are available in the credit union with further details about our conversion. Please pick one up on your next visit or give us a call and we will be happy to mail you one.
Thank you in advance for your patience during this transition. We will keep you informed along the way but Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to serving you for many prosperous years to come.
Don L. Hill
Memorial Health Credit Union